SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Rig Scaling from Global Node

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

10-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
srlake314

Rig Scaling from Global Node
Ok, so I basically set up the rig hierarchy similar to:
toonWorld-
-toonMesh_grp
-toonGlobal_ctrl
-toonJoints_grp
-toonControls_grp
(The above wont show in tabbed form, but the joint and ctr group are parented under the global control.)

I think that's pretty much it, (not at home where the file is), however it's pretty close to that.

Now, I did the 3 duplicate arm chain to create the FK, IK blend(bindJoint chain in there as well). So when I scale the toonGlobal_ctrl(placed at the 0,0,0), everything seems to scale properly except the fk flips up(when scaling down) and flips down(when I scale up).

Any ideas?