SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Technical Issues / OS X Maya 5 + Logitech mouse software prob

Maya Technical Issues Post all your interface and configuration related problems with Maya software here.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

11-08-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
imeepmeep

OS X Maya 5 + Logitech mouse software prob
probably no OS X users here, but in case there are some that might know what the deal is, figure i'd ask.
I use maya 5 on a OS X machine that has a logitech mouse, annoying thing is, that if i install the logitech software (logitech control center) i lose the middle mouse button functionality in Maya when it's running.
was wondering if anybody possibliy found a solution for this since without the software my scroll wheel goes deathly slow. (annoying since i use it on websites all the time)

just thought i'd check here, probably check OS X places too, more likely to find solution there i guess

but if someone does know, thanks!!!
-jerome
12-08-2003, 02:07 AM   #2
Witchy
Subscriber

I run my logitech mouse with MS intellimouse drivers, as suggested on the website Tom's Hardware and it works fine with all the mappable functions being available. They found some unpleasant glitches with the Logitech drivers which I decided to avoid finding for myself.
12-08-2003, 03:59 AM   #3
imeepmeep

gave that a quick try, can't make my scroll faster with it though
but doesn't interfere with maya, just doesn't seem to really recognize and adjust the logitech mouse of mine
rats
-jerome
16-08-2003, 05:12 PM   #4
imeepmeep

ah, there's an "Advanced Click" option for the buttons, which you then tell it to click button #3
-jerome