Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-09-2010 , 05:58 PM

Humpty's Down Fall

The true story behind why Humpty fell off the wall.

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 08-09-2010 , 06:37 PM
EduSciVis-er
Haha, I like it a lot, nice to see it in its finished form.

If I may offer a point of critique, I feel like the second candle in the upper right seems to lead one's eye out of the picture, drawing the focus away from Humpty. There's nothing of particular interest there anyway, and when I cover up the right side, my eye lingers on the more important elements of the picture longer. Just my two cents.

# 3 09-09-2010 , 11:30 AM
Lifetime Member
Bahahahahahah Kurt...that is a pearler man!!! bahahahaha love it...now that stwert has pointed it out...my eye has been superglued to the bloody candle!! gaaawwwdddd

Love it mate...well done and looks good.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 10-09-2010 , 12:00 AM
Subscriber
thats great kurt.

i would second stwerts comments on the focus of the picture and where your eye travels, i think the lighting should maybe lead more to humpty directly and keep you there.

also as i said before, the neck and top of the main bottle look a bit too thin/fat, and the bottles look very clean and uniform for a binge drinking session, i make way more mess than that!

but it has your inimatable overall style which i love as always. nothing overdone, keep it simple, but make whats there look good and professional. and all surrounded in fun and imagination.

good work.