Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-05-2009 , 11:20 AM
Subscriber

Cartoon Man

Hey this is my first attempt at a character

so any crits are very welcome!

user added image

user added image

user added image

and a smoothed version-

user added image

# 2 12-05-2009 , 07:58 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Have to say it's a good first start, just finish this as best you can and start on another, i would consider buying the gi joe tutorial here from what i can see it's not to realistic which gives you some freedom with proportions and such.

Also take a look at other peoples work especially their wireframes and look what they do(different).

Good luckuser added image

# 3 12-05-2009 , 08:14 PM
Subscriber
Ok thanks very much!

can i ask you to point out extactly whats wrong?i know the chest needs work but what else needs work?

# 4 12-05-2009 , 09:06 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
to be quite honest there's much work to be done if you want to create a believeable character, but as i said before, finish your first model as best as you can and start on the next one follow a couple of tutorials and after a certain amount of time you will develope an eye for it.

# 5 12-05-2009 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber
ok cheers!

well i just downloaded that GI tut so ill have a crack at that now!

# 6 12-05-2009 , 11:09 PM
One major thing that i missed out when i start doing 3D ... start by learning anatomy and if you have project of makin` buildings spend some time learning physics and some blueprints....

My point is that before you start modeling figure out the anatomy then make concept and go for it. ( even i can't draw from about 1-2 month i don't get into modeling if i don't have the idea drawn or have reff )

# 7 12-05-2009 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
Thank you yeah ive realised i need to focus alot more on the anatomy!

I have started to draw and study the anatomy but i guess i have a long way to go lol

# 8 12-05-2009 , 11:45 PM
Subscriber
Thank you yeah ive realised i need to focus alot more on the anatomy!

I have started to draw and study the anatomy but i guess i have a long way to go lol