Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-11-2004 , 02:40 PM

polyigon problem

Hey there guys I need help!!!

Well the thing is that I have modeled something with NURBS and have converted it in POLYGONS for attaching and finishing it in poly modeling method, and than the came the pain, there is this line that is extremely annoying and just don’t want to go away!!! Even if I smooth it still remain the same, I tried normal/soft-hard option but that don’t helps at all!!! So here I am and I need your help, THX in advance m8`s.

Attached Thumbnails

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 2 05-11-2004 , 03:44 PM
The Maya Mountain
Make sure the vertices are merged and the normals of both sides are facing the same direction.

# 3 05-11-2004 , 08:57 PM
THX mike you have helped me again, normals was the problem, you have helped me once again m8, what can you tell me about texturing subd-s??? can you maybe linke me to some site with tutorial??? Oh you have your own book now, wery nice man!!

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

# 4 05-11-2004 , 09:15 PM
The Maya Mountain
'Fraid I don't have any SubD experience, so not sure about how to texture them or if it's any different from Polys.

# 5 05-11-2004 , 10:46 PM
How is book purchasing going, is there many of books purchase

# 6 06-11-2004 , 02:21 AM
The Maya Mountain
I'm not sure how pre-orders are doing. I imagine it might pick up more when it's ready to ship in a month.