Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-12-2002 , 09:49 PM

Modeling from one single object ???

i've been in the WIP fourm and i was wondering. when i see shots of like people heads and vehicles and stuff. do they all do this from one single model object or what??? like the military helicopter and the properler, was that done all with one object then minpultaed into faces and stuff.

# 2 18-12-2002 , 12:10 AM
Many of the things you see are a lot of different models. While there are lots of models that are only one thing, the highly detailed stuff you see in these forums are generally made up of a whole heapin' lot of shapes.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
-Bilbo Baggins
# 3 18-12-2002 , 12:27 AM
Subscriber
I guess that military helicopter you referred to was the model I am working on. And, I would like to say that I prefer to use several polygon and nurbs objects/curves/lines/surfaces.

Although the model I make may seem like one or just a few objects, it may well consist of a HUGE amount of objects. Using the boolean ops for polygons is nice, as I tent to believe I save some face count on more complex parts (by the union of many parts into one object).

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 4 18-12-2002 , 09:40 PM

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
Many of the things you see are a lot of different models. While there are lots of models that are only one thing, the highly detailed stuff you see in these forums are generally made up of a whole heapin' lot of shapes.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice chooper by the way to. but what makes your chopper real koo is all the modeling into the propellers. look so real and stuff user added image