Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 46 18-10-2007 , 06:34 AM
Great as always!! Nice tree in the back lol.

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 47 18-10-2007 , 12:01 PM
Thanks Louis56. I added the tree so that it wasn't so boring to look at.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 48 18-10-2007 , 05:54 PM
Did a little bit of framing on my lunch break so here's a screenshot. I'll post a better update later tonight. After I frame in the doors upstairs, I'll be ready to frame in the roof. I guess that means several more hours of research on framing roofs.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 49 19-10-2007 , 04:06 AM
Awesome.

Roofing is going to be a prick. Are there any Apexs or is it straight roofing. I think this house would suit a straight roof but thats not my call user added image

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 50 19-10-2007 , 04:45 AM
I don't even know what an apex is. At least not yet. And yes, I've heard that framing a roof is a major pain in the rear, therefore I can't wait to tackle it.

Exceed Expectations!
# 51 19-10-2007 , 07:23 AM
Here is a detailed, scaled, diagram done by a professional, arcitechual, computer generated design program..... MS Paint

Hope this helps:

Attached Thumbnails

# 52 19-10-2007 , 11:37 AM
Wow! I've got to get that program. Is it expensive. Looks really top of the line! Hahahah

There are a few apexes. Hopefully I can get the information that I need today so I can finish the main framework. I think you'll like the roof once it's done.

Exceed Expectations!
# 53 19-10-2007 , 07:54 PM
I doubt you could afford it Perfecto. I saved up for years to buy it. And yes it is top of the line. In fact its higher than top of the line.

Looking forward to the next render.

# 54 23-04-2008 , 08:55 AM
Still much work to do but here's an update. I was going to attempt to model a photo realistic interior scene and thought I would finish this project and use an interior room for my dinning room scene.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 55 23-04-2008 , 09:13 AM
Acid44
dude its been so long since ive seen anything from you...

house is lookin sweet man but i dont think it stands out enough in the render... i dont know what it is but, its somethinuser added image

# 56 23-04-2008 , 03:14 PM
perfecto! long time! your house is looking great - i really like the light - the textures look a little repetitive but this looking very nice! you did a really good job. user added image

# 57 23-04-2008 , 03:43 PM
Subscriber
Wow yeah, looks great. T wonder what happened to an the stages in between. Looks great so far. The Shutters look a little bland and the textures look a little repetitive but other Wise it looks great. Keep op the good work.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 58 23-04-2008 , 04:49 PM
Thanks acid44, arran and alexanderH! I had a bunch of non-Maya things that have kept me busy since last year.

I started doing a dinning room scene to learn photo realism but I figured I could use this house as the environment for it. that way I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and you are all right about the textures being repetitive. I'm using whatever free textures I can find on the internet (if anyone knows a good site or forum thread for free textures please let me know). Also any good sites with high quality textures for sale. And I still havn't sat down long enough to do anything with Gimp yet but will be soon.

I'll be purchasing the Maya commercial license in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I have so many people & companies wanting me to do 3d house renderings for them so I'm going to start trying to earn a little money with what little Maya skills I have. I'm getting tired of turning down work because of my student edition of Maya. Guess that means I'm going to have to start learning a whole lot more, and quickly hehe.

It's going to take me awhile to fine tune my lighting skills so any suggestions on lighting...I'm all ears. This house uses Mental Ray Physical Sun and Sky. My biggest challenge is trying to make the colors remain vibrant and keep the daylight bright...which I still havn't figured out yet. I'm playing around with all the settings I can find.

P.S. Any idea on pricing? I'm thinking about charging $525 and up for street view renderings depending on square footage of the house. It would take me about 12 hours to make this house from scratch including adding the landscaping (but not framing since that would never be seen) then a full day to tweak the renders (a full quality render will take about 4 hours on my computer). Anyone think this is too expensive, too cheap, or just right? I've searched the internet but it seems prices are kind of all over the place.

Exceed Expectations!