Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-04-2003 , 10:09 AM
Subscriber

Ideas for my next tutorials

Hi everyone. I want to make another tutorial but I cant decided on what. Have your say.

# 2 26-04-2003 , 12:00 PM
Subscriber
i dunno maybe a monkey
--
dont touch clothes im bringing out a hole set of tutorials on cloth making i just finished the baseball cap today

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 28-04-2003 , 03:21 AM
Something very simple, but I would be very greatfull of -

Making text in Maya

Now, I know how to insert text, and it comes up as a curve, but then how to make it 3D is really annoying me.

First I converted it to polygons, and then extruded the text, but now the text has no faces!! It's "hollow" so to speak (no "lid").

I cant for the life of me figure out how to add a "lid", on the top and bottom of the 3D text user added image

user added image

# 4 28-04-2003 , 09:11 AM
Subscriber
hmmm that one got me. i actually have never used text before but i will try to help. thats if no one beats me to it.

now about tutorials. i was watching tv last night and an new idea came to me how to model a car. sort of like making a head method. ill try it out and see if it worth doing a tutorial about.

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 5 28-04-2003 , 09:15 AM
Text can be handled in multiple ways, I like using an EPS curve brought from Illustrator and Nurbs beveled to my liking.
That should leave a lid on it. user added image

# 6 02-05-2003 , 05:23 PM
Maybe a tutorial on Dragons, I am watching Reign of Fire... !.. some awesome dragon ..

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 7 02-05-2003 , 05:34 PM
what about a high poly head?

# 8 02-05-2003 , 05:56 PM
Protheus: If you like dragons go to: https://www.ritterschlag.com I saw the short today and it is AMAZING! A woman called shelley page from dreamworks was giving us a presentation and this film is stunning (I wont tell you more cause it might spoil it a bit) I couldnt see where to download it on the site but you may be able to find it somewhere else. Believe me it's worth it!

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 9 02-05-2003 , 06:11 PM
GERMAN SITE user added image

I am a german

# 10 02-05-2003 , 06:12 PM
wowow.. check out those dragons.. man... a site worth checking out in the future, tnx Pure_Morning !

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 11 02-05-2003 , 06:21 PM
yeah try to find the movie, I cant seem to find it, the stills dont do it justice whatsoever!! the animation is FANTASTIC and the story is brilliant too very original and not what you think believe me!!

IMDB
# 12 02-05-2003 , 06:27 PM
I am glad I am not theonly one that can NOT find the movie to download... you know what also a good Idea is for a tutorial... just a place, maybe a city, landscape or something.. Why not a tutorial on that ..... We have a lot of heads, cars.. stuff.. maybe a toilet seat !.. also a nice idea for a tutorial ! user added image

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 13 02-05-2003 , 06:45 PM
how about a tutorial that isnt about character modelling, ro anything even REMOTLEY connected to it! How about something procedural for the more techy people out there (like me!!! user added image) there is actually a siggraph paper on modelling a city using a procedural technique which is really really cool I dont think it would be too easy though just something different.

Alan

IMDB
# 14 02-05-2003 , 07:26 PM
exactly.. everywhere you look you see character animation, a fancy head speaking, some arm moving, some one scratching his A*s...and so on... But I have never seen a city build in Maya..

BTW.. has someone seen the new X2 movie ??

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 15 03-05-2003 , 12:17 AM

Originally posted by Protheus
exactly.. everywhere you look you see character animation, a fancy head speaking, some arm moving, some one scratching his A*s...and so on... But I have never seen a city build in Maya..

BTW.. has someone seen the new X2 movie ??

I'm going to see Xmen2 tonight (6 hours or so)