Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 22-10-2002 , 11:24 AM
Subscriber
1 word
amazing
just some sweet work man
how long did it take ?
congrats anyway user added image

# 17 22-10-2002 , 11:31 AM
Kevin
your dead right mumbojumbo_13! the more i look at this WIP the more i like it...it is really great work!

# 18 22-10-2002 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
kev wats your job in real life ?user added image

# 19 22-10-2002 , 11:37 AM
Kevin
Well as well as running this place...which basically now takes up all my time, I have my own web design company here in the uk, mainly dealing with web sites and site hosting etc.

But the new simplymaya site will be released very shortly and I have a lot of good ideas for the site, I will be spending more time on tutorials for the VIP area and more for the free section....

as well as design element of the site etc etc... at the moment we have a nice site currently being designed. Myself , dave and rage have almost finished it off.

So in the next few months I hope to ne able to do simplymaya full time.

# 20 22-10-2002 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber
more free stuff user added image works for me - only teen cant afford da 300 odd $$ it b in australian user added image

well it is soon going to change so £14 (or there abouts) will buy you a whole year ..then you can top up with points as you go user added image

# 21 22-10-2002 , 02:32 PM
Subscriber
Excellent Model! Look forward to the textured version, can't wait for the animated version... I thought I was looking in the mirror!

Anyway one tiny contructive criticism, the creature looks off balance. It looks like at any moment it would fall forwards cos its head is too big and too far over its centre of gravity. I would, move the legs forward or change the stance...

There that didn't hurt did it? Did it??

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 22 22-10-2002 , 03:23 PM
Subscriber
WOW ROGER!!!!

You made that doggy head in the series "Storm of the century" wow...

hehe
Born in lust turn to dust...
Born in sin...come on in.

HAHAHA wow

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 23 22-10-2002 , 03:27 PM
Nice model Roger, cant wait to see what else you can show us.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 24 22-10-2002 , 04:52 PM
Thanks everybody user added image
gazzamataz- your right when say "he creature looks off balance". I originally had both legs more centered, but then I posed him and moved one leg back and the other a little more forward. Then I ended up doing some more modeling on the leg and I blew-away the side with the forward leg and mirrored over the side with the leg going back. I hope I just made since.... user added image

# 25 23-10-2002 , 11:25 PM
mumbojumbo_13- Hard to say how long this took me to make. I've been working on it about 1-2 hours a night and sometimes not touch it for days. I never been able to start a personal project and finish it within a set time. To much going on at home.....

kal- Do I know you..... user added image

# 26 04-11-2002 , 06:00 PM
The images at the beginning of this thread have been UPDATED. user added image
Better???

# 27 11-07-2003 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
This model is amazing! The detail you have put into the whole thing including the skin, in just flat areas! I checked out your site and you are a very talented artist. I love your sculptures!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 28 11-07-2003 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
Nice model- what a debut!

# 29 12-07-2003 , 04:42 AM
how old is this post heh.

# 30 12-07-2003 , 05:38 AM
This is a OLD post....... user added image

But I do have a new Maya image I did at home.
Here it is:
user added image
The design for the Xerus image is from the book "Frenzied Fauna: From A to Z" by Michel Gagné.
The book has a lot of wonderful designs and I would like to model some more of them.