Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-05-2005 , 10:22 PM

Keyframing issue

Hey, I am having a rather annoying problem with Maya interpolating the attritbutes of my animatd camera. Basically I just have a camera keyframed at 1, 200, and 210. From 1-200, it is just translated along the Z and X axis. From 200-210 it zooms really quickly onto an object the is higher up and far away. The problem is this. Maya seems to be combining the two tramsforms, so what I end up with is the camera kind of panning and translating upward a little and then back down from frame 1-200, instead of just following a straight line. It seems like maya is kind of averageing the two transforms. Is there anyway I can get this to stop, so it maintains is original transforms the way I keyed them?

I would really appreciate any help

David

# 2 24-05-2005 , 10:16 AM
Ok well nevermind, I finally got it worked out with some help. If anyone else has a problem like this, I ended just going into the graph editor, and making my tangents sharp on my camera transformation curves. The graphs were trying to be smooth curves before, which ended up in a lot of weird resuts, and not the abrubt change I wanted.