Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-06-2006 , 07:34 PM
Subscriber

Need rendering references

You guys know any sites/dvds/books that are really good for realistic rendering/lighting? I've been doing some searches on rendering and I hear about you guys talking about mental ray and HDRI, but I have no idea exactly when or how to use it.

Some of the sites I found doesn't seem to give enough information and in my books, there seems to not be enough information on rendering.

# 2 07-06-2006 , 07:41 PM
3d World has a good photorealistic rendering section in this month, also Maya secrets of the pros has quite a good section on rendering that goes in to the sepperate passes.

Not much help but maybe a start, other than that all i can think of is to make a simple medel and try and intergrate it into a picture by mimicing the lighting in the photo

# 3 08-06-2006 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
Cool thanks I'll take a look.