Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-12-2006 , 05:01 PM

problems with eyes

hey all

i was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem in maya

when i move my skeleton which my eyes are parented to they seem to deform but not completeley it is like some verticies just get left behind. most of the eye follows apart from some vertices

does any one know how to fix this problem????

if so your help is much appreciated

here is a link to the pic for ease of your understanding of my problem

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45787989@N00/316488722/

thanks in advance

jthorne

# 2 19-12-2006 , 08:31 AM
I'm extremely new to Maya so I dont know if this is possible but if you can parent vertexes that could be the problem, (If so be certain that you are in object mode when selecting objects)

In school now so cant check if I'm wrong. user added image

# 3 02-02-2007 , 04:35 AM
usualy you want to parent the eyes to joints as aposed to binding them to the skull. if your binding them you need to go into the component editor (after selecting the verticies (ues the uv texture editor, i find thats faster than marque slecting it in the viewport) and go to the smooth skin tab and turn all the skin weights to 1 to their respective parent bones.

(btw, this looks like an animation problem so this is in the worng forum)