Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-06-2007 , 12:25 PM

Jagged edges after duplicating and smooting - images included

Hello,

I've been working on a model of a human head. I've blocked out one half, the duplicated with special over the x axis.

When I smooth the mesh to get an idea of how it is working, the seam on the x axis becomes pointed, rather than smooth, at various points, the worst being on the chin and nose tip. All of the points are merged, so that's not the cause. I've included pre-and post smooth images as attachments.

One more question - I've got the activesmooth mod installed so that I can quickly see what my smoothed model looks like, without using a proxy. The crease proxy edge tool is great though for defining and gradually hardening edges - is there an equivalent tool that can be used that can be used straight on the model without having a proxy?

Thanks,

gubar.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by gubar; 26-06-2007 at 12:27 PM.
# 2 26-06-2007 , 02:28 PM
Jr.Who
I know how to fix those vertices that are popping out, but I donÕt know what you mean in your second question.

Just go into your poly smooth attributes and turn keep border off.
user added image