Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-01-2008 , 01:27 PM
Subscriber

Crazy nCloth

I have been workign on a hockey goalie. I have created and rigged most of the key elements. I created a poly jersey and converted it to an nCloth. I created a chest protector underneath to act as the target and have that as the passive. When I play the animation in Maya, the jersey flows ok. Not great.

When I render it, all hell breaks loose as you can see on my next post. The jersey isn't following the plan. The second image is a render of the exact same frame and setup as the first image, i.e. all I've done is hit render.

The only tutorial I have seen here on cloth is for the older style of cloth. I have gone through the Maya tutorial and played with many settings, none seem to do the trick.

Any ideas from teh Maya gods.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-01-2008 , 01:28 PM
Subscriber
Sorry that the prior pic is so wide. Here's the problem!

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 19-01-2008 , 05:37 PM
It looks like the jersey animation hasn't been put into memory and its being recalculated at render. Cache out your animation before rendering.

# 4 19-01-2008 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber
I love it how stupid Maya can make me feel. Thanks wokendreams. That did it.

# 5 21-01-2008 , 10:48 AM
Subscriber
I am still having an issue and created a Playblast. Simply Maya is rejecting the upload because it is too large. What do you guys use as a site where I can upload my playblast to ask questions.

I have some vertices that aren't properly reacting to motion. A certain area is hanging up and flowing only after a delay. Most of the mesh is fine. Its just one area.

# 6 22-01-2008 , 03:02 AM
Subscriber