Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-06-2008 , 05:12 AM

Edge Faces selection - Easy question!

I feel slightly silly...after knowing Maya for quite a while, and I can't figure it out.

The question is:

When you make an object into faces mode. You see the little handles to extrude or whatever you want. I am working on a hand model and I need to select the edge of the square (for example). However, for some reason, I MUST have clicked a hotkey that made the handles on the edges go away.

So, now I only see handles (small blue squares), in the middle of all the faces, not the edges like I remember seeing them.

I have tried looking on Help, and I don't even know what it's called. I kept searching Face Edge Selection, edge selection, faces, blah blah. No avail.

I have tried turning the tools back into default. No avail.

this is just annoying. So..Help?

# 2 03-06-2008 , 05:16 AM
select>convert selection, maybe?

im kind of confused as to what you can't do. When selecting faces, it should not select the corresponding edges, it should select the FACE.

-Andyuser added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 03-06-2008 , 05:45 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! NEVERMIND!

Yeah you're absolutely right. I needed to select the edge of the face in order to make a wedge. I *thought* there was somehow can select the face of the edge...I just couldn't figure it out....until now. LOL!

And doink - I have to select the face, then convert to Edge selection tool, then select the edge in order to make the wedge.

So..PROBLEM SOLVED.

Man do I feel like a nooooob. :-D