Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-06-2005 , 12:28 PM

Maya docserver problem

well, hello user added image
first of all: i`m german so excuse any kind of mistakes please user added image

well i tried to figure out how to solve my problem but in the german forums i couldn`t find anyone who could help me.

I`m still using Maya 5.0 PLE but the fullversion is already ordered. I got to maya over unreal tournament. I acctually just use it to create my level deco.

Well I know that many people have the problem that the script editor shows the "unable to start docserver" problem.

This one I know how to straighten out:
file -f -new;
// Result: ./untitled //
docServer -start;
// Warning: docServer service "aliasdocserver" does not exist. //
// Warning: Unable to Start the docServer. //

But this one is my acctual Problem:
file -f -new;
// Result: ./untitled //
docServer -start;
to this i get a error message from windows wich tells me something about a timeout and "access back off" 4445(don`t know if these are the right words, i just translated them literally)

the firewall is down so i don`t really know what the problem is or how to solve it.

i would be very very very thankfull if someone could help me out. honestly a lot of people would be thankfull since we`re a few persons now wich have the same problem.

greetings from germany,

jessica

Pain is a basic fact of life.
Misery is an option.
# 2 10-07-2005 , 03:59 PM

# 3 29-07-2005 , 11:56 AM
Jessica,

Can you please tell me how to correct this problem:

docServer -start;
// Warning: docServer service "aliasdocserver" does not exist. //

In your original post you say you know how to correct it. I am getting this everytime I start maya. I upgraded from maya 4.5->5.0->6.0->6.5 and I think the problem is a result of the prefs being preserved between one of the upgrades.

When I look at my services I see the maya 6.5 document service is started and I can get to docs so I can actually get to documents. The warning is more or less just an annoyance that I would like to eliminate.

Thanks