Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 61 21-06-2010 , 08:24 PM

Park Bench 1

That must have been it, I wasn't dragging it to the scene folder.

Park Bench 1

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 62 21-06-2010 , 08:28 PM
The thin red line
So its working now, I like your bench,,,,,,,,,,,,,dave

# 63 22-06-2010 , 04:34 PM

Sandbox 1

Sandbox 1

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 64 22-06-2010 , 04:50 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
hey will you apply a normal map or a displacement map to the sandbox

# 65 22-06-2010 , 09:57 PM

Refrigerator 1

Hi murambi, for this project there's no need for a displacement map or a normal map.

Refrigerator 1

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 66 22-06-2010 , 10:28 PM
EduSciVis-er
You're just grinding through these models. Awesome work! They all look great.

# 67 22-06-2010 , 10:35 PM
The thin red line
Hi Perfecto

I know you textured some of you early ones, are you going to texture these now or are you in modelling mode.........dave

# 68 22-06-2010 , 10:39 PM
I try and spend an hour or two each day on the project so it just depends on what else I've got going on in the day whether I texture them or not. Whatever I don't texture during the week though, I usually texure on the weekends.

Exceed Expectations!
# 69 22-06-2010 , 11:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Mate I agree with stwert!!! you bloody engine you!!! I would like 10% of your skill if you can lend it and the brand of the COFFEE you must be consuming to get through this man!!!! LOL mate you are doing a really great job...keep it up..dont burn out!! You know you are allowed to breathe every now and then for oxygen intake???:lmao: user added image

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 70 23-06-2010 , 03:17 PM
Thanks bullet1968. No chance of burning out. I have such a HUGE passion for cg that there's no way I would EVER burn out.

...knocks on wood, lol.

Anyway I'm working on trees but as you can see in the image, it's not putting my leaves on the particles...any thoughts? I'll figure it out eventually but if someone knows why, it would save me some trial and error.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 71 23-06-2010 , 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
You even modeled the stuff inside the fridge....you're a mad man.user added image

- Genny
# 72 23-06-2010 , 05:36 PM
New render, no particles user added image. My object has more than 1 leaf so I had to separate the object, freeze transformations, center pivot, then re-combined. I'm guessing it was the center pivot that was the issue but now my object (geometry) goes onto my particles.

Looks like too may stray leaves around the border for my taste so I'll probably try and limit that some.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 73 23-06-2010 , 09:16 PM
Lifetime Member
Didnt have any beer in the fridge for the BBQ but Gen!!! In Australia they would shoot you for that...no beer no barby..LOL.

Those trees are cool..did you do them mate?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 74 23-06-2010 , 09:47 PM
Thanks bullet1968. Yes, i modeled them. I tried sprite trees but couldn't get the look I wanted. I made these with particles. The trunks are just cubes with extrudes.

Had some free time so I modeled a quick house scene just to test out the tree render times. Trees are efficient I believe. This only took 1 min 36 sec to render. There are 7 trees (although you can't see all the trunks) in the scene and 4 bushes.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 75 23-06-2010 , 11:26 PM
Lifetime Member
bloody sweet mate, there was a post in SM SOMEWHERE where you can get all plants etc already modelled and free. I couldnt find the post but have the link...cant remember who posted it..I think it was Next D or Rhet...cant find the link but XFROG user gallery...you can download all sorts of modelled plants

cheers bullet

dont you hate it when you bookmark and it disappears!!!

bullet1968