Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-02-2011 , 01:17 AM
Lifetime Member

Supposed new fuel technology

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 28-02-2011 , 04:51 PM
seems interesting. It seems to me with all the time and money put into this, i may be an optimist but it seems like they should have come up with something pretty good by now. I want my hover cars and teleporters damn it!

# 3 28-02-2011 , 05:36 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

I want my hover cars and teleporters damn it!

The technology exists for both, technically. As long as you have millions of pounds and a pilots license for the first one and are happy with teleporting things an atom at a time. user added image

There have been things like this for a while but this one sounds especially interesting.

# 4 28-02-2011 , 05:44 PM
EduSciVis-er
It's not that surprising that they've engineered organisms to produce hydrocarbons in a form that would be useful, but the main problem is still scale and efficiency. It's not necessarily cost-effective to farm bacteria and harvest fuel in this way. Might be nice, but I think the solutions are going to come from other avenues, personally.

# 5 28-02-2011 , 08:12 PM
I think its going to be a few major breakthroughs that someone not directly involved with them is going to figure out how to put it all together. I mean look at the car, it took internal combustions engines, assembly lines, machined universal parts, new ideas of welding and manufacturing to create an affordable mass producible product.

Wait for some investor to piece together 4 or 5 unrelated cutting edge technologies to find a fix for the energy problem. Helps to be a few steps removed to see the big picture.

# 6 28-02-2011 , 08:31 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
electric cars are the future .... it would lessen our dependency on large cooperations and/or shady regimes

# 7 28-02-2011 , 09:29 PM
Lifetime Member
I agree stwert...scale is the problem here and in many of the ideas...we consume so much fuel its almost impossible to keep up with demand.

Storing the energy is the problem mastone...batterires are still ot up to scratch just yet I believe...but yeh I reckon electric is the way to go. We might see a resurgance of rail travel?

bahahaha hover cars would be cool but atom by atom elephantic...no thanks LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes