Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-10-2005 , 03:40 PM

How to explode a polygon....

i want to know how to explode a poly or NURB into million pieces like the bomb effect in max.

# 2 06-10-2005 , 07:39 PM
I don't know how to do it myself, but I am aware that this VIP tutorial goes through the process of animating a plane and missile, where the missile hits the plane and it explodes (see the AVI file linked in the tutorial desc).

# 3 07-10-2005 , 02:50 AM

Thnks

now i know its from the poly cutting tool.....

Yo mamma!
# 4 07-10-2005 , 11:01 AM
dynamics --> create shatter

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 07-10-2005 , 09:33 PM
I think he means along the lines of Edit Polygons -> Subdivide.

If you use Polygons -> Smooth, it will subdivide the polygon but shift vertices around to form whatever curve your selected faces were naturally forming. Ex: Smoothing a box will form a shape resembling a sphere... not just a box with a lot more polygons per side.