Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-04-2007 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber

Bulls Ally

One of my recent illustration i all most completed pls give comments and advise

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-04-2007 , 08:02 PM
I think it looks great so far.

Sort of looks like the tops of the buildings are casting a double shadow on the ground as if there were two suns. I'm very new to maya so I may not be giving the best advice. If there are two lights above the scene, perhaps turning off the shadow setting on one of the lights.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 07-04-2007 , 07:58 AM
Subscriber
I think Perfecto nailed it. Either there are two lights or there's something partially transparent at the tops of the buildings, which I highly doubt. It looks really good though.

Last edited by imagine_studios; 07-04-2007 at 08:00 AM.
# 4 07-04-2007 , 07:58 AM

Originally posted by Perfecto
I think it looks great so far.

Sort of looks like the tops of the buildings are casting a double shadow on the ground as if there were two suns. I'm very new to maya so I may not be giving the best advice. If there are two lights above the scene, perhaps turning off the shadow setting on one of the lights.

No, you're absolutely right. You will want to add a blurr to the one shaddow, but, like perfecto said, turn off the shaddows to the other. It does look fabulous though!! KUTGW

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 5 07-04-2007 , 11:32 AM
Subscriber
thanks for the feedback guys note takenuser added image

# 6 07-04-2007 , 05:00 PM
also check the tiling of the texture for the street.

as it comes closer it is more noticeable that it's a copied texture. alter it slightly and it becomes more random and less noticed. but change the width pattern too. make it seem more variable.

Accept no substitutions.