Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 05-04-2003 , 04:12 PM
Subscriber
agreed,, my conn is out right now.. i will be a little late on the W.I.P.. no probs?? yeah.. i can do the head too.. but 1 month?? phew thats a lot of time kev, yeah.. and btw, i will be using the same reference pic as i did last one (4 months ago), its from a tutorial, but i wont be following the tutorial method, (i think you know it, the modelling with cylinders tutorial.. i dont know the website, but i have the ref pics on my backup hdd,, so will be using that. no probs right??, and again, i will be using my own method, not the tutorial's method), hope you wont mind the late updates,,, but i wont be able to come on the internet as i was able to b4... anyway,,

waiting for your reply K,, user added image,

your sm M8, T

# 17 24-04-2003 , 06:21 AM
Subscriber
Nem and GC.. thanks for having a request.. i think though that either people do not want to challenge you on that subject, or no one is visiting this thread user added image.. maybe we should unstick it so people can see when theres a new post by the position of the thread. Also, for you tariqrf.. the reason it was a 1 month competition is that kevin is just up to his heels in work.... oh.. (up to his head in work user added image). Good luck on that though user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 18 24-04-2003 , 12:33 PM
Battle Request:

If anybody wants to work on a 1 week challenge with me starting at the earliest next week, please let me know. user added image I think it would be really fun. user added image I am up for a challenge!
Brian E

Please check
My (old) website!
# 19 24-04-2003 , 12:39 PM
Kevin
any particular topic brian?

# 20 24-04-2003 , 01:12 PM
I am pretty open minded about this, However I would really like it to be something mechanical, or it could be modeled off of something in a movie, like, back to the future delorian, explorers, tilt a wheel. ect... But I think if it was based off something in a movie, that both people should be modelin the same thing. user added image if whoever is wanting to challenge wants it to be more than a week depending on the complexity of the competition, than that is perfectly fine with me. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 21 24-04-2003 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
Heh, yea i will battle you brian... NOT. Lol, j/k.. It would count as an auto death.. but it would still be fun user added image. Im actually just in a tournament right now and have a lot of other stuff but if no one takes up this request and if vectorman wins then sure thing, i will battle ya user added image. If you want more of a challenge though, then im the wrong guy.

# 22 24-04-2003 , 03:51 PM
lol M ur funny. Its just for fun. I am doing it for motivation more than ne thing else. Anyways, your stuff is getting better everyday! Your 5th element Gun turned out great! I would take a shot at anyone who wants to try user added image

Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 23 24-04-2003 , 04:01 PM
Subscriber
Thanks brian, means a lot user added image. Give me a while, until this tournament is over.. then i will have you a battle user added image, if no one else has taken up your challenge user added image.

# 24 24-04-2003 , 04:20 PM
Sounds good M, so if anyone wants to do a quick challenge with me B4 I challenge M, please let me know! user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 25 26-04-2003 , 05:04 AM
i can try but im still a novice. You can choose the object, b ut try not to get TOO complex. I dont mind losing... just sinse my last battles ive started and stopped about 32 projects because no inspiration. Hopefully this will give me some. and i like mechanical objects.

So.. you choose and see if we agree?

# 26 26-04-2003 , 05:11 AM
Subscriber
brian I would love to do some battles with you. I'v got to much going with the challenge and tournament at the moment. But you would be someone I would have to push my self farther and faster with !! Maybe after the challenge.

# 27 26-04-2003 , 05:59 AM
.... maybe i should find someone a little more.... um... worse.

# 28 26-04-2003 , 06:37 AM
Subscriber
twisted hay thats how you get better thogh!. set your sights high and thin trot up the mountan !! at least you will learn a lot!

# 29 26-04-2003 , 11:08 PM
Umm.. It will be fun guys, anyone? I thought of an idea. How about a photorealistic Flower?? Think that the modeling would not be to hard, but the textures might. I don't know. Let me know what you think! Thanks guys,
Brian

if not a flower, how about a kitchen appliance? lol
I am just in the mood try try something realistic, but not to difficult, maybe even a soda Bottlecap, like a 20 oz...

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 26-04-2003 at 11:11 PM.
# 30 27-04-2003 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
Brian I'm all for the photoreal idea.. I like the ideas you had of what to do..

I'v got a majer ! headach from UV maping lusifer right now.. so will talk about it more when I recover !