SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Adding clothes to a character

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

16-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
Husam

Adding clothes to a character
Hi, I've made a very simple humanlike character, and needs to put clothes on him. I'm not really willing to spend time on the cloth-tools, because I don't know anything about them at all, and I don't really have the time to learn something new right now.

But I need some clothes that flows well with the rest of the guy when he's animated, and looks decent after texturing. What should I do? Create a shirt and trousers around him with polygons or something?
16-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
NeoStrider

that's usually the way, yes.