SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Character and Clothes

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

13-06-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
pinomeX

Character and Clothes
Hi,

I'm very new to maya, can someone give me a link or explain to me how to work with clothes in maya?

For example:
If I have a basic character model (naked) and after I model the basic clothes, how would I make it so that the clothes would fit with the model?

Also, If I animate the character how would I make the clothes to automatically move with the motion of the character.

Clothes motion reacts with the character?

How would I accomplish that?

Thanks in advance
13-06-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
gster123

What version of maya are you using?

if its below 8.5 then I would look at the free cloth tutorial on here, if your using 8.5 with ncloth (unlimited) then I would have a look at the area in duncans blog, google it and you'll see what I mean.