Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-09-2005 , 10:52 PM

Fatal error. Attempting to save in.......

I have this problem, im using maya 7, and anyway while working on a model, out of nowhere a box pops up, saying "Fatal error. Attempting to save in C:/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxx.ma" and maya closes. Has this happend to anyone else, this thing is getting annoying :headbang: . Appreciate the help.

A better display of my problem:

user added image

# 2 19-09-2005 , 07:14 AM
This is the general maya crash error. I could just tell you to use the search function, but this may be a bit different.

If you are using a radeon card, then try turning off triple buffering in your open GL settings.

The problems I have had like that all happened during the splash screen, so this may be different. All I know is Maya is crashing (and probably due to hardware).

Also try changing the maya folder in my documents to maya_bak or something to create new preferences, then load your scene.

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 3 19-09-2005 , 08:55 AM
I tried turning triple buffing off and no luck, same with renaming the folder, but like you said, it might be my hardware. I'll have to search somemore on that, maybe it just needs some proper configuration.

Well thanx for the reply, appreciate it.
Hopefully I'll find a solution, during my journey user added image

# 4 19-09-2005 , 08:59 AM
If you are up for changing drivers to try to ease the pain (no guarantees), then try the official 4.12 drivers. They seem to be the most stable for Radeon cards.

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."