Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 11-06-2007 , 06:34 AM

How To Model Like This?

I cannot draw to save my life, and I still need some more practice anyways. I was just curious how...lets say a concept drawing already has armor, weapons, helmets, etc. on it. How do you go about creating the base body when you really cannot see any of it?

https://www.blizzard.com/images/war3/...tman-large.jpg

# 2 11-06-2007 , 07:08 AM
You would either, make it up by judging on what the "person" underneeth would be wearing, or not model the body at all, just the armour/clothing

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 11-06-2007 , 08:21 PM

Originally posted by gster123
You would either, make it up by judging on what the "person" underneeth would be wearing, or not model the body at all, just the armour/clothing

Well put... do an overlay (one piece of paper on top of another) and put small-ish balls for where the joints go and fill in the major parts of the body with basic shapes to show gesture, then go in and give it the detail that you want. It's easy to learn gesture drawing and character development if you sit in on a college gesture drawing class. That's what I do at BYU, and it helps a lot!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...