Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 25-01-2008 , 06:36 AM

Wine glasses in cabenit

I am modeling a kitchen room/scene of my cousins place,
I am working and working on it I have one Q though I have wine glasses and other glass cups and so on in a cabenit and panes of glass for the cabenit doors. How do I show the glass door right and the glasses in the shelf ? The cabenit is supposed to be matt white but I can't make them right any hints on doing this properly ? I have tried blinns and lamberts maybe a phone maybe to get the matt right ??? Other than that I am making headway after I texture the hardwood floor from a photo of there kitchen and some other random works...

# 2 29-01-2008 , 02:07 AM
you can try all the materials you want, you're not gonna get the correct look until you change the settings of a material. in order to get a matte look you could start with any material, change the primary color to white, and then decrease close to every other value.

only playing around will get you exactly what you want, but understanding the settings of each material will help let you know which material you want to start off with for what look you want.

Accept no substitutions.