Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 31-03-2008 , 11:27 PM

Im not sure what this symbol is........

Could anyone tell me what these little yellow balls mean? This should be a Joint symbol.....

Thanks,

Jo

Attached Thumbnails

www.jowand.com
# 2 01-04-2008 , 12:18 AM
hmm.. not sure, but those balls are green. user added image

do you get the same thing if you try to make the joint chain again?

# 3 01-04-2008 , 01:05 AM
Do you mean delete it and do it over?

www.jowand.com
# 4 01-04-2008 , 02:08 AM
no. user added image just try making a joint chain sepaate to your character and see if the same thing happens again - that way you can keep an eye on it and see when the symbol changes and work out what it is.

i don't have too much experience with rigging but it looks like you maybe have something connected to it - maybe an ik perhaps?

but really, if it's not messing you up at the moment then i would just keep working.

by the way - there's some nice scary work on your site jo. user added image

eughhh.... user added image

# 5 01-04-2008 , 02:42 AM
I think it's an IK handle as arran suggested.

# 6 01-04-2008 , 03:27 AM
Thank you.... I'm going to investigate..... Its a tricky business aye!! ha ha, I think I need to come back to it tomorrow, I have been working with IK handles but all the other joints have avoided the grape's! Thanks for the compliments on my work!!

Jo

user added image

www.jowand.com
# 7 01-04-2008 , 08:44 AM
Thats the symbol for a cluster?
Symbols inherit the shape node underneath it.

Did you some how parent the shape node to your joint transform, use the comman parent -add -shape cluster1 recently? user added image

# 8 01-04-2008 , 08:08 PM
Yes. That symbol is for clusters. How you managed to get it in there without knowing, I have no idea. did you use a pluging or script to set some stuff up?