Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 211 08-09-2011 , 10:18 PM
The thin red line
By far the best way to learn some thing new is sit next to some one who is doing it, Leon have you got a link to that manatee animation. Look on the bright side Collin trashes you(in speed), you could easily trash me but you are very good in what you do........dave

# 212 08-09-2011 , 10:47 PM
Unfortunately the manatee is in a top secret classified video and unfortunately I cannot share it with the public. Also it should not be in the video and was inserted as a risky joke but was so subtle no one even noticed. Is kinda worrying when you are not required in your job to the extent you start sticking random stuff in videos.
Would be great to work for a company that saw my skills as somewhat useful although I need to get a lot better if I want to be a professional. I will keep pushing and trying to improve though as I love doing this, and am really glad I started learning 3d. Am looking forward to testing out photofly soon in the hope I may be able to create decent digital doubles after some re topo work. Looks like an interesting bit of kit though and could certainly be useful.

More uving with the chinook tomorrow though and hope to start texturing on Sunday.

# 213 09-09-2011 , 07:10 PM
Wish I could get some more angles on that Luc Begin model. Scrolled through his thread and couldn't find any. A 90 on his head would be great and then I could see the flow. What about the infinite realities head (The one I posted on your wall/ Free one). Is that good enough flow. I know what you mean and I while I was modeling it I knew it had issues. Pretty much conceded to the fact that I am gonna have to do about 5 heads to get it down. Then comes the body...

Yo ordered the master. Looks something like this:

Coolermaster (Blah blah blah number)
i7 Sandy Bridge (Gonna OC to 4.5GHz)
Corsair H100 Liquid cooler
Sabertooth p67
Sabertooth 50mm assist fan (Did you get this one Labyk? Keeps the board from overheating)
Seasonic 650w PSU
Corsair 4 4Gb RAM
Sony BD Unit
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
(Cables and what not)

Will hook this up to my two Sharp 40" 1080 LED monitors through DP to HDMI

Whole thing runs about 3g's in all. Not bad since I figured out how to lace initial unit into a tax writeoff. Next is the server assembly. Oh boyyyyyy

Also snagged a Ergotron Arm for the Cintiq. Gonna mount it to that so there is no more of the bullshit of sitting upright in a certain position. God I hate that.

Will let you know what fails when it arrives and I have to RMA that shizzz.

Later Labyk

Collin

Last edited by Chavfister; 10-09-2011 at 03:29 AM.
# 214 10-09-2011 , 02:54 PM
Awesome,

here is my 1st attempt at a tutorial on the uv stuff. Will try to get a more in depth one up once I iron out the video problems. Will also try to get into the headus stuff a bit as well.

RoadKill UV tutorial on Vimeo

Hope it helps

# 215 10-09-2011 , 06:23 PM
hey its too gur man , plz teach me...............

# 216 17-09-2011 , 05:21 PM
Started getting pics of environment stuff as well, just set up some walls so far and am hoping to start making some buildings, shops etc next week. Also some progress on the Chinook.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 217 20-09-2011 , 01:02 PM
Some more progress,

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 218 21-09-2011 , 11:40 AM
Some texture tweaks to the marine and now have a dirty and clean Version

user added image

user added image

# 219 25-09-2011 , 05:06 PM
Going to try and finish this bald falcon up in the next couple of days. I was trying to get the feathers working with mb feather for xsi but a few of the options are not working and so am gonna see if collin bishop aka the chav fister can get some clothes on the beast. Is rigged and ready to fly and just is in need of the body feathers as well as some extra feathers to cover the wings.

user added image

user added image

# 220 27-09-2011 , 04:31 PM
Gonna try and get some decent feather pics soon so I can texture the body feathers.

user added image

# 221 27-09-2011 , 11:08 PM
Lifetime Member
wow looking good man...well done thus far...will watch the tut today!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 222 05-10-2011 , 06:27 PM
Just a quick stop to say, everything looks really well. I love the Humvee. I am not in any way good at anything 3d, most of what I attempt looks like a preschoolers drawings. That in mind please don't be mad at my little suggestion. It's just a quick tiny thing, having ridden in my fair share of ch-46's and ch-53's, the interior is never a clean place. There is always fluid leakage everywhere, whether it's hydrolic, oil or whatever the case may be along with said fluid stained here and there. Case in point, my first ride there was fluid leaking from where the rotor comes in on the roof. I said something about it and the guy said that that meant everything was working. He said if it stopped leaking that's when to tuck and start praying. Course that same ride I ended up having my window ripped out (who knew it was just some Velcro / zipper type material holding in place) behind me while we flew over open ocean and he just laughed. Anywho, like I said really like everything you've done especially that Humvee

Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more for the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier. - Zell Miller (D) Georgia 2004
# 223 09-10-2011 , 07:07 PM

A little bit of ZBrush Fun

Just had some fun with ZBrush. Bust of my father. This should be fun adding the pores and wrinkles. Gotta love Ze Brush... Cheers to Labyk for helping guide me on the workflow. Or at the very least the motivation.

Attached Thumbnails
# 224 10-10-2011 , 06:13 PM

Update

Wrinkles are in place. My dad doesn't have many for a 60 yr old so they won't be a lot but I think they represent quite well. Now onto UVing and texturing. Any suggestions out there?

Attached Thumbnails
# 225 10-10-2011 , 07:28 PM
The Nurb Herd
hey man, i think you should make your own thread for this.