Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-10-2003 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber

Outlook express...SMTP problem help

Every time I try to send an attachment I get the following error-

"Your SMTP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond"

Normal text or small attachments works fine.
In the past when I sent a big attachment the progress bar would show the progress ie. slowly you would see the bar going up. Now when I send a big attachmnet the progress bar goes straight to the end and gives the above error.
I am having to FTP every file I need to send people.
Please how can I solve this??

P.S- I am using W2k and outlook express.

grrrr
# 2 09-10-2003 , 09:04 PM
Are you running any other prgrams in the background that might be using your bandwidth?

# 3 09-10-2003 , 09:07 PM
Subscriber
like what?

Nothing new that was not running in the past. I have Kerio firewall, ADSL connection + Panda Antivirus.
I had these before as well and everything was working fine.
Even when I exit the firewall the problem stays :-(

grrrr
# 4 09-10-2003 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber
icarus thanks for some laterall thinking. I did not try exiting Panda antivirus software. I did now and all is GOOD . Thanks man.

P.S- What the hell do I do with the antivirus software ???

grrrr
# 5 09-10-2003 , 10:23 PM
I use Sophos, but Ive had good results with Norton. There are lots of AV solutions around, theres bound to be one that suits your needs.

I often had this problem with an imporoperly configured Antivirus while sending emails with attachments. With all the scanning and problems at the computer it takes so long to get the data to the smtp server that the connection just closes. There may be an option to change the period of time before outlook decides that the connection has timed out. You might try looking for something like that and increasing the time (It may not even be there, Im just guessing).

# 6 09-10-2003 , 10:26 PM
Subscriber
I could not locate that timing stuff but for now I have the solution.

grrrr
# 7 09-10-2003 , 11:03 PM
edesktop protect is a good antivirus... it's free too.