Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-03-2004 , 04:33 PM

Paint effects - mapping problem

I was wondering if it was possible colour a paint effects brush,
based on the colour mapping from the paintable surface.

for example:

I want to have a field of grass whos colour varies across the field.

So I have got a nurbs plane onto which I have painted some grass.

It would be great to be able to paint up the grass colour texture on the nurbs plane and have it govern the colour of the grass.

Any Ideas would be greatfully recieved

# 2 30-03-2004 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber
I could be wrong, but I don't think this is possible because Paint effects have several different colors for each part of the painted object such as the grass blade tip color, the root color, etc,

What you might be able to do however, is map the same texture you're using for the ground to some of the color attributes on the Paint effects stroke. I dunno if this is possible (don't have time to try it right now) but give it a try. There's bound to be an alternative way around it if it can't be done this way...

# 3 31-03-2004 , 09:57 AM
I really only need to map one of the paint effect colour channels
with the colour from the plane.

It is the mapping from the planes texture that is giving me the problem.

So if anyone knows if it can be done then I would love to know