Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-06-2005 , 05:25 AM

eyebrows

hi maya people... can anyone plz tell me how do i make eyebrows look cool and realistic. i have done the 3d paint tool, paint effects and stuffs. But the output is not that realistic.

So please tel me..

# 2 28-06-2005 , 05:44 AM
I usually use Paint Effects and convert them to polys. There is a brush called "eyebrows" (two versions, black and blond).

You said you tried PFX already...they seem to be working for me. Try playing with them a bit...Adjust the size, stamp density, bend, width of the hair, etc.

The other alternative is to paint a texture in PS. But if you need it for close ups, a texture will never look as good as an actual 3d object.

I attached a head from a character I modelled recently. It has the PFX eyebrows. I think they look ok.

Attached Images

Last edited by Lookey; 28-06-2005 at 05:47 AM.
# 3 28-06-2005 , 07:55 AM

another prob

Hi dude.. thanks for the info. But there is another question i`d like to ask.. What abt eyelashes. If u do it by the same way that is Pfx. what happens when u wanna do an eye blink.. where are u gonna paint it. and attach it.

# 4 28-06-2005 , 07:58 AM
Once you convert it to polys you can combine it with the main geometry and move it with the eyelid. This really depends on how you have you eyelid set up.