Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-11-2010 , 02:59 AM

How to activate pivot point in Maya 2011 on Macbook Pro?

I am following the tutorials on page 60 of the “Introducing Maya 2011” by Derakhshani. I am using a MacBook Pro 17” and he says to use the “Home” button on the Mac to activate the pivot point so that I can move the pivot point from its origin of (0,0,0) to the center of a sphere object. However, there is no dedicated “Home” key on the MacBook Pro. Instead, the Mac help literature says to click the Command button and left arrow button at the same time to activate the “Home” key. This does not activate the pivot point. Is there another way to do this?

Sincerely,
Gregory

# 2 16-11-2010 , 06:47 AM
Subscriber
if i understand you properly your solution would be to type
"EnterEditMode;" in the command line.
this will allow you to move the pivot point freely as you wish...It is case sensitive, so type it just as i did. less the quotes anyway.
also you can high lite the text and mmb drag it to the Shelf and create a button to do this as you wish...
you will need to have the move tool activated to be able to use this command.

hope this helps
G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 3 16-11-2010 , 08:35 AM
The Nurb Herd
Fn + <-
it's the function button, not the cmnd button.

# 4 17-11-2010 , 03:42 AM

Originally posted by legendofzombi
if i understand you properly your solution would be to type
"EnterEditMode;" in the command line.
this will allow you to move the pivot point freely as you wish...It is case sensitive, so type it just as i did. less the quotes anyway.
also you can high lite the text and mmb drag it to the Shelf and create a button to do this as you wish...
you will need to have the move tool activated to be able to use this command.

hope this helps
G-man

This worked beautifully - all of it!! Thanks!

Sincerely,

Gregory