Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-09-2003 , 08:46 AM

problem when rendering in high res.

i am working on this image the last few weeks and I think I am almost finished with it. yesterday I did a rendering in a very high resolution (3500x3200) so I can print it in a A4, but i noticed that there are differences in the matirials.

The first image's original res was 1280x1024
user added image

and here is the other rendered in high res
user added image

In the matirial network of the mask, I use 3 3Dfractal nodes for the shiness, the color and this yellowish outline.
Do you recomend to re-adjust the matirial in that high res or is there an easier way?

thanx

# 2 16-09-2003 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
From the looks of it, I can tell for one that your tesselation is worse in the second image, so it's not JUST the texture. If I had a guess, I would say that you probably just forgot to render out in production quality, which can be changed in the render globals window in case you didn't know.

# 3 18-09-2003 , 01:29 PM
Even if I had to set everything in high quality etc etc before the 1 hour long rendering, i managed to forget to increase the polySmooth value in my model user added image
that's all about the tesselation... and i think it has nothing to do with the matirial.