Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-01-2010 , 07:24 PM

Maya Not Loading on Virtual Machine

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I really need your help.

I am running Maya 8.5 (Windows XP) on VMWare 2.0. The VM is running from my MacBook Pro. This is my work computer and I have installed Maya for personal use.

Recently, IT had to change my domain name from the network due to connection issues I had. Ever since Maya will not load. Actually, when I start Maya, the loading windows with the Maya logo appears. Then after a little while, the script editor and the output windows will pop up. Both windows show no warnings and and that's all I am getting.

It seems like Maya is loaded but somehow, the main design area and panels will not display. As I understand this is s licensing issue of some sort. Actually, I do have an old copy of the virtual machine with my previous domain name and maya works just fine.

It would not be a problem if I could have two virtual machines running simultaneously without losing reources or my computer dragging.

I would like to get Maya running again on the virtual machine with my new domain name, as I can use use it while at work without the need to shut off the the new virtual machine and loging back to the old one where Maya is working fine.

I hope all this makes sense and someone can bring some light to my problem. Thanks all!Maya 8.5 (Windows XP) on VMWare 2.0. The VM is running from my MacBook Pro. Actually, when I start Maya, the loading windows with the Maya logo appears. Then after a little while, the script editor and the output windows will pop up. Both windows show no warnings and and that's all I am getting.

It seems like Maya is loaded but somehow, the main design area and panels will not display. As I understand this is s licensing issue of some sort. Actually, I do have an old copy of the virtual machine with my previous domain name and maya works just fine.

It would not be a problem if I could have two virtual machines running simultaneously without losing reources or my computer dragging.

I would like to get Maya running again on the virtual machine with my new domain name, as I can use use it while at work without the need to shut off the the new virtual machine and loging back to the old one where Maya is working fine.

I hope all this makes sense and someone can bring some light to my problem. Thanks all!

Attached Thumbnails

--------------------------------------
Analytical Multimedia Designer
# 2 30-01-2010 , 07:00 PM
Technical Director
Why not use bootcamp? Much faster with 3d.

Anyways, try deleting your preferences folders. You might also need to re-request your license key from Autodesk since your domain has changed.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 31-01-2010 , 09:33 PM
Again, it's a company's computer and I don't have boot camp. We Use VMWARE 2.0

Well, my short term solution was installing Maya in Mac OS and just use SPACEs to toggle to Windows when needed.

For the time being. this is fine with me. Thanks for your help.

--------------------------------------
Analytical Multimedia Designer

Last edited by drgraphics; 31-01-2010 at 09:36 PM.