Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-11-2021 , 12:00 PM

Maya LT - broken Stingray PBS.

Heya folks, 5th different place iv been trying to get help with this! I cant use stingray which i normally setup for hair cards its been like this for months now and i dont know what to do? Anyone know how to fix it.

user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-11-2021 , 10:11 PM
SM Tea Boy
Did you put MAYA_VP2_WANT_OGS_WARNINGS = 1 in the maya.env file and if so what warnings do you get?

Maybe walk us through the process of whats going wrong, can you access the shaderFX panel? I assume so i'm having no issues with it here Maya 2022

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 16-11-2021 , 05:05 PM
Urm im not sure what that warning is apologies but no warnings pop up in the little window at the bottom if thats what you mean! it just comes out like this.

When i open it, it says "This graph inherits the graph from a preset shader"

So the issue with stingray is it just wont show anything at all just shiny an weird, i opened the same material with on Phong an the texture pops up, even though i ahd an issue with phong not letting me use alpha maps so i think something wrong with Maya LTs textures in general.

This is all in a fresh file by the way! right on a default plane or cube.

# 4 16-11-2021 , 11:43 PM
SM Tea Boy
I know this might be stating the obvious but you do have hardware texturing turned on right?

It won't show in the viewport if you don't

Attached Thumbnails

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 16-11-2021 , 11:52 PM
SM Tea Boy
Just to be clear this is a stingray PBS material on a poly plane only difference is one has the hardware shading turned on in the viewport the other does not!

Hope that maybe helps

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 17-11-2021 , 02:18 PM
Yer the shading it set too hardware, this is what it looks like when i plug in a file too any of the slots on PBS

user added image

# 7 17-11-2021 , 03:24 PM
SM Tea Boy
Disconnect the base colour and plug the texture into the colour map box under textures section,

You have use colour map ticked but it looks like colour map under textures is empty.

If it's not that what GPU are you running?

# 8 17-11-2021 , 03:59 PM
Took the cap before plugging it into Texture sorry, but its the same just a black shiny texture.

Running an Intel 630, an GeForce GTX 1080

# 9 17-11-2021 , 04:30 PM
SM Tea Boy
It should not be a gpu issue i'm running a 1080 you might be right it might be a Maya LT issue

I would normally ask you to send me the scene file but i can't open Maya LT files here, hopefully someone might come along that knows more about Stingray PBS than me.

if you do find the answer let me know i'm curious now.
Sorry could not be of more help
David

# 10 17-11-2021 , 05:22 PM
Ye seems two of the three Textures have been broken for going on 7 months... i cant contact support or anything its urg very frustrating lol.

Cheers for trying mate! Heres hoping ill find a fix.

# 11 19-03-2022 , 03:47 PM
I also want to know how to fix it. Have you found the solution online? I will be thankful to you if you answer me. I am waiting for your reply and until then I am gonna visit https://writinguniverse.com/free-ess...alues-of-life/ here to read free essay samples because I have got an essay assignment from my mentor she told me to write it on values of life.

Last edited by RobertBeyer; 24-03-2022 at 03:12 PM.