Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 20-01-2004 , 06:34 PM
I'm glad you liked it. I'll see what I can do about converting to quick time... user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 17 20-01-2004 , 10:54 PM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 18 21-01-2004 , 11:06 AM
Hi,

I'm pretty new on this forum (and maya), anyway there is often a lot of avi's I can't see because I'm missing a codec, among them is this.
Which codec is it? And how can I get it?

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 19 21-01-2004 , 12:39 PM
yup that's cool, thanks for the QT. I like it he's got character he's walking as though he's in a hurry to get somewhere and do something which is really cool. I like the secondary animation on the belly and the hair, but I think that the belly should have some more up and down motion, it seems to have a lot of side to side motion at the moment. The hair is cool, but I think it doesnt behave enough like hair. I dont know how to explain it but it doesnt seem to fit in with the rest of the animation. It almost feels like cloth rather than hair. I know it's got a cartoony look to it and photoreal hair isnt what you want... but I think that there could be a better solution....

Just my thoughts user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 20 21-01-2004 , 02:50 PM
Thanks for your input, Alan. There isn't much I can do about the belly and hair behaviour unless I try some totally different approach (any suggestions?). Currently I'm using the jiggle deformer. I had to cut down the secondary motion even more now that I made the elf actually move forward rather than walking in place. The mesh gets very easily screwed up...

jakwag: the above .mov is quick time movie and the .avi files in the first page are divx/mp3. I have to go back to divx/mp3 because qt just takes too much disk space user added image

here's an updated version. Not much has changed. He is now moving forward on a ground plane plus I played a bit with the background in AE:
https://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/karppa/temp/elfWalkTest5.avi

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 21 22-01-2004 , 12:38 AM
Subscriber
Can I export it into a .mov with divx? looks great

An idea is delicate.
It can be killed by a sneer or yawn,
It can be stabbed to death by a joke
Or worried to death by a frown
On the right persons brow.
-Charles Browers

Last edited by NNY Design; 19-03-2004 at 01:08 AM.
# 22 22-01-2004 , 10:11 AM
not likely, you can encode an avi to qt but you will lose quality with ever conversion.

As for the hair I will have a think about how it could be done...

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 23 22-01-2004 , 01:57 PM
Subscriber
This looks great. Beard look is awesome but may need some deforming. I think kbrown already mentioned he had jiggle on it. Anyways is there a script you guys can post if possible?

Keep up the good work.

# 24 23-01-2004 , 01:18 PM
Very nice work.....kinda reminds me of an uncle of mine....LMAO....

...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I.

https://sky.prohosting.com/spyd01/