Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-06-2008 , 02:04 AM

Z3 to Maya

i just wanted to know that when i create something in ZBrush 3 and send it to maya using OBJ why does the object have such a large amount of poly.......

here is an image to tell u wat i mean

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-06-2008 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber
Kind of answerin your own question tbh, its because sculpting programs such as zbrush and mudbox use really high poly count levels to get really high detail models. hese are often used to create high detail displacement maps for animation etc.

Chris

# 3 05-06-2008 , 08:50 AM
yeah - start reading up on normal and displacement maps. you need to export a low poly model into maya and then use displacement or normal maps to make up the difference.

# 4 05-06-2008 , 11:29 AM
thanks for the help guyz,

well i was reading over the net about normal and displacement maps... i didnt really get it the first time but i went to to Zbrush and played around and found this tool called Geometry it had 2 choices ; one says High res and the other says Low res i kept on clicking Low res and i ended up with the same object but lower res, its like my object reduced 10X its poly count. and thats where i start playing with normals and displacement maps.

so i guess i got the first step, i'll know more along the way but thanks for your help

Cheers user added image