Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-03-2011 , 05:53 PM
SM Tea Boy

An interview with Jason Edwards Senior Modeler at Windmill Lane VFX

Please take a look at this thread https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?p=316538 if you want a better idea of whats coming up along the same lines in the future.

In this interview Jason Edwards who's currently a Senior Modeler at Windmill Lane VFX in Dublin, shares some of his experiences from his time in the industry.

He's worked on a wide range of projects in both television and movies a lot of the things he talks about in this interview as well as some tips and tricks on how to land a job can be very helpful for those of you who are looking to get that first foot in the door at the moment.

It's also an interesting read for hobbyists to get a bit of an insight into the production pipelines that 3D applications like Maya are ultimately used for.

You can read this in full by clicking the link below.
https://simplymaya.com/interview-jaso...rds-2011.mhtml

Feedback is welcome as this is a new area for us.

Thanks and happy reading
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 23-03-2011 , 07:41 PM
Lifetime Member
Brilliant, soaked all that up in 5mins! user added image More please!

Thanks David and Jay for taking the time to put it all together!

Jacques

# 3 23-03-2011 , 07:57 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
hmm dont know why but jay reminds me of Stig Asmussen user added image

# 4 23-03-2011 , 08:20 PM
Super Moderator
Good read. Learn something new everyday, Jay's a fishing geek? lol user added image

Now that you mention it, kinda o.O

- Genny
# 5 23-03-2011 , 08:54 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
LOL thanks you guys, glad you like. Yep gotta love the fishing, takes me away from the mayhem and chaos of the industry - unless Im drowning in a glass or 5 of vodka with Dave and Nilla in Prague LOL

I never heard of Stig Asmussen until now, it must be the long face and bald noggin LOL - theres only one stig for me, the racing driver from the Top Gear show

cheers
Jay

# 6 23-03-2011 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber
its always fun learning about interesting people!

wow, you're right, they really do look similar...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 7 28-03-2011 , 06:44 PM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"