Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-11-2002 , 12:11 PM
Subscriber

hi there

Hello is there anyone out there that lives in or close to west sussex ?
Also seeing the work that u guys do on Maya is really inspiring and i wish i could be as good as some of u ...im finding Maya really difficult it makes me really frustrated ive been following mtm shark tutorial and its going ok but i have to keep starting again soon ill know the whole tutorial of by heart anyway....must keep trying user added image

# 2 25-11-2002 , 12:13 PM
Kevin
HANG IN THERE MATE, BIT BY BIT!!! IT WILL COME, AND SORRY IM NOT SHOUTING, JUST DOING A FEW GFX AND NOTICED HALF WAY THROUGH WRITING THIS LOL

# 3 25-11-2002 , 12:21 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
HANG IN THERE MATE, BIT BY BIT!!! IT WILL COME, AND SORRY IM NOT SHOUTING, JUST DOING A FEW GFX AND NOTICED HALF WAY THROUGH WRITING THIS LOL

aehm kevin? are you ill? user added image

# 4 25-11-2002 , 12:22 PM
Kevin
lol duck!! yah sorry there, I was doing a button for my new site and didnt see the caps lock until to late and was to lazy to re-write LOL

# 5 25-11-2002 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
How long u been Mayaing then Kev? and did u sometimes feel like Argghhhh ill never get good at this ill try 3ds max user added image

# 6 25-11-2002 , 01:45 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by watkira
How long u been Mayaing then Kev? and did u sometimes feel like Argghhhh ill never get good at this ill try 3ds max user added image

haha... every time i open it I feel like that mate user added image

there is always something that has to be learned, but give it 6 months of using on a regular basis and it will all come good.

I know its a right pain sometimes, but just hang in there mate, its well worth it, dont move to max just yet user added image

# 7 26-11-2002 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
MAX sux!!!!.... anyway....
wait for sometime... Maya is very very long!!!.... when you master it... I tell its gonna be 3d graphix heaven!!! and mayhem...

and just as kevin said:
dont move to max yet!!

# 8 26-11-2002 , 01:34 PM
Subscriber
I was joking about maxuser added image
xmas is near any good books u know of to help me out.

# 9 26-11-2002 , 01:52 PM
a good beginner book for maya is maya 4 fundamentals, i got that last xmas and it was really good, im getting maya feature creature creations for xmas this yera, hope its good, has anyone tried it,

ps kevin, dont know if this was a problem on my side but i couldnt get onto simplymaya for the last 4 hours. probably just these college computers, lol.

you can also try mastering maya 3 or 4, i tried mastering maya 3 but im gonna go back to it, a bit too advanced for me.

# 10 26-11-2002 , 01:58 PM
Subscriber
Thanxs for the info ...ill be asking santa for that bookuser added image