Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-03-2009 , 10:53 PM
Subscriber

Turbine engine photo reference??

Hi I am going to be modeling a jet engine for a class project. I am having a heck of a time finding good photo reference...side shot top front etc... Im going to take a trip to the library to see if I can find something there but I figured I would ask if anybody has any good ideas where I could come up with some good refs. thanks so much

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
Student: Academy of Art University S.F.
My WIP
# 2 03-03-2009 , 07:49 AM
Have a look in the hardcore modeling section over on Cgtalk, they just finished a "cut away" challenge and one guy did a jet engine, maybe worth a look to see if he said where he got reference from, or to see if you can use any of his images as reference

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 22-03-2009 , 05:07 PM
Lifetime Member

Rolls Royce

Try a google image search for Rolls Royce Trent 900, which is the Engine in the Airbus A380.

I've also attached an image I found. There's lots out there, unfortunately nothing as clear as front & side.

-Jacques

Attached Thumbnails

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2
# 4 23-03-2009 , 07:20 AM
Subscriber

thanks

thanks so much I appreciate it...

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
Student: Academy of Art University S.F.
My WIP