Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-10-2020 , 07:30 AM

Maya 2017 UV editor move tool not working

After making an object, projecting a textured shader on it and going into the UV editor.......I can rotate the UVs, scale them too ( pressing "R" or "E" keys) but when I go to try to move a selected UV or group of UVs only the manipulator handle moves - it does not take the UV with it. And after that failure, the UVs are locked and can no longer be moved by scale or rotate. This is on a per object basis. Meaning I can create another object and the UV editor will , again, allow scale and rotate but not move. Once I try to move that object's UVs, they become locked as well. I have no clue what is going on. I have been in Maya for version 8, 2013 and 2014 so this should be pretty simple stuff I have done millions of times over 15 years. Is there another tool to use? I can "move" UVs with ? the "move UVs along a shell" works and so does the smear UV tool. And once I select and use either of those ( I just discovered) the UVs that were previously locked can now rotate and scale again. Is this just a 2017 way to move UVs instead of the "W" key? If that's the case how can I change the brush size to select a smaller area ( like a single uv). Except after smearing , if I try to rotate or scale the smear I just did resets like it never happened. Help