Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-03-2017 , 07:01 PM

Saving meshes

Hi,
Newb in training and as I learn I wanted to post my props as freebies on several sites like Renderosity. If I save as OBJ more people can use them but the texture doesnt tag along so assuming I can just give them the map? Not sure if thats how OBJs are or just my maya. Ive been having an issue where the texture doesnt save with the mesh and when I try to import it in Vue or bring it back into Maya its black. Now I just save as a Maya file but for the sake of those who dont have Maya is there a good all purpose format?
Thanks, more newb questions later
Scott

# 2 24-03-2017 , 12:48 AM
Super Moderator
You could also try the FBX format. Poser and Daz probably support that, doesn't hurt to check.

- Genny
# 3 27-03-2017 , 05:33 AM
Thx, been doing Fbx for me, will check.
user added image