SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Birail 2 problem

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

17-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Shad0X

Birail 2 problem
Hi all
Weel, i am new to the whole Maya thing but i try to learn.

I got a Video tutorial where som1 is using the birail 2 tool to make a face. It was calles somthing like.. "Organic modeling a human head" or so..

Weel, thats my problem... i drawed all the curves and then "cutted "them on some places ....weel.. if u try my file with the face than you should knoow what i mean..

in the whole face that i made i can make only a few surfances... all other curves seem to be "boken" or so..

i chose the 2 profiles and than the 2 other things but it doses not make the surfance... why? som1 can please help me? I really want to know what i did wrong and how i can fix this...

i really dont want to remake the whole face again...

Ps: Sorry for my bad english... ^^;
Attached Files
File Type: mb birel2.mb (85.8 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Shad0X; 17-10-2005 at 04:34 PM.
22-10-2005, 07:18 AM   #2
Drought
Subscriber

Hi,

I think your problem is that you didn't snap your rail curves to your profile curves. Hold down the V key, and gesture with the middle mouse button. Here's a video on the alias site demonstrating the proper use of the birail 2 tool. You can check out demos of the other tools too.

http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/communi...itemId=1100073

Good luck and have fun.
07-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #3
mhcannon
Subscriber

http://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...ghlight=birail

Check the above thread... I think it's the same problem.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."