SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Recover files

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

13-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
leonlabyk

Recover files
I accidentally deleted a couple of models from my external hard drive a few weeks back and only just realized I had not backed them up on disk. I am now trying to work out if there is any way I can recover them and what software I need to get. This is probably not the best place to post this but if any of you guys have any advice it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Leon
14-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
The Architect

I would not create any new files on the hard drive, becuase the new files may over write the old ones. Since Windows (I'm assuming you use Windows) writes all sorts of junk to drives its connected to, I wouldn't connect it to a computer unless you are recovering the files.

To recover the files, I use PC Inspector File Recovery, which can be found at download.com. Its for Windows only though. To recover the files, just run the app, open the drive with deleted files and use the file browser to find the lost files. Once you find them, you can save them.

Last tip, when you find the deleted files, I would save it to another drive, as saving files to the same drive with the deleted files might corrupt the recovery process. Hope this helps.