Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-07-2018 , 10:35 PM

Alembic imported daz models won't work as colliders

I've been following a reallusion tutorial and animating characters in iclone and exporting as alembic into Maya. Everything is working fine except if I try to add ncloth to the daz characters Maya crashes either when I make the model a passive collider or when I press play to begin the simulation. If it's an iclone model it works and if it's a daz model imported as fbx it works. Only alembic daz genesis 3 and 8 crash.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what I can do to try and fix it?

I've been searching and searching and the only scrap of information that might be related is a post I found somewhere mentioning Maya having a problem recognizing alembic as a collision object.