Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-11-2010 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber

render

another render for class project,..

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-11-2010 , 06:56 PM
Subscriber
looks pretty good. The only thing I would say is dirty it up a bit, the floor, tool box, and so on... it's a little too clean in that garage.

# 3 15-11-2010 , 05:09 AM
Lifetime Member
Nice...I agree with Rhet...too clean mate.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 15-11-2010 , 05:33 AM
Excellent work ataraxy. loved it

Mahesh

# 5 15-11-2010 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber
hey guys, thanks for looking user added image

too clean eh? Professional car garages are pristine clean to the point that everything is laid out in specific order <in the tool boxes> and placed by the same way or the mechanics get hell for having a messy workplace..

i have an idea where I can make a messy "redneck" car garage and remake texture the car to be a old beat up porsche..

will be during my quarter break tho!

Thx for the critique!! they are heard!!

# 6 14-12-2010 , 10:28 AM
Ataraxy - did you model the car as nurbs or polygon? and is the tyre a painted texture or just graphics on the side?

looks great.

# 7 20-12-2010 , 07:31 PM
Hi! I like it! especially the weel, don't know why user added image
I would try to clean the side of the car, where the door meets the body, there's something strange..
keep it up!!

# 8 20-12-2010 , 09:18 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah true pro garages are pristine, but they arent empty. this looks good and has the potential to go further. Add tools and stuff to busy it up. I get that this is a team garage but I think the cupboards and chairs should have a different color to the car as its all the same. the eye is instantly drawn to the tyre too, which shouldnt be the case.

Jay

# 9 19-01-2011 , 05:47 AM
Subscriber

Ataraxy - did you model the car as nurbs or polygon? and is the tyre a painted texture or just graphics on the side?

looks great.

hey, sorry so long. I've been gone so long the website look brand spanking new! I like it, it's refreshing.

The car, I modeled it with polygons.

The tire is a poly object and I UV texture mapped it. The "whitewall" ,if you will, I found online. I didn't realize it until now but, it has a Michelan Tire Logo decal in front of a GoodYear wheel. Slight screw up on my part lol

Thanks for the questions!

# 10 19-01-2011 , 05:52 AM
Subscriber

Yeah true pro garages are pristine, but they arent empty. this looks good and has the potential to go further. Add tools and stuff to busy it up. I get that this is a team garage but I think the cupboards and chairs should have a different color to the car as its all the same. the eye is instantly drawn to the tyre too, which shouldnt be the case.

Jay

You're right there should be multiple tool boxes and other "Tool Devices" in the room just as a Cherry Picker, jack, pull down air hoses from the ceiling, pneumatic compressor.. etc. I unfortunately did not have a lot of time during the project assignment date and due date.

As or the tire. Yeah it does draw into it. I was fooling around with that whole triangle thing. The orange toolbox, orange stool, and orange rim in helping to look around the whole picture and then ending up on the tire. But I suppose it's too strong.

THANKS MAN!!

# 11 19-01-2011 , 05:58 AM
Subscriber

Hi! I like it! especially the weel, don't know why user added image
I would try to clean the side of the car, where the door meets the body, there's something strange..
keep it up!!

Im not saying you are wrong, but I think it's the reflection from the "Quarter panel exhaust vents"

Above it tho, where the top QP is cornering the windshield there is a edge loop issue I think which gives it a slight crease. Your thoughts?