Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-12-2009 , 05:18 PM

Rendering problems

Hi guys

Please can someone try and help me, I have spent the last two and a half years building a model of my three wheel scooter, and I have been doing render tests along the way without a problem but today, the day I more or less finish the modelling on one computer I can’t render out much bigger then 720 X 576 if I try the render view just gives me a yellow square while rendering followed by a white square when it has finished, that is on my windows XP 64 bit machine with the new type of quad core and 6 GB of ram and Maya 2009 Unlimited 64 bit version. It has an Nivdia Quardo FX 4500 512 MB graphics card.

When I copied the project onto my Dell Windows XP professional 32 bit machine with the old type of quad core and 2GB of ram, with Maya 32 bit Unlimited it won’t even open the project and it comes up with an out of memory warning.

I have been trying to upload the project but I can't get it to go up, would anybody be willing to allow me to email it to them to see if you have any ideas.

Thanks
Trikeman

Last edited by trikeman; 23-12-2009 at 07:12 PM.
# 2 23-12-2009 , 11:30 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Can you still open it in Maya on your 64 bit system?
optimize your scene if you still can open it.
Of how many polys does the scene consist?
What are your rendersettings.
Batch render your scene don't use the renderwindow it will never output higher quality images it stays in 8 bit.

If you want people to help you offer some infouser added image

# 3 24-12-2009 , 12:33 PM
Hi Mastone

Thanks for your reply, yes I can still open it on the 64 bit machine, I have tried a batch render and this does seem to work with the bigger file sizes, it was funny yesterday because one minute it would do 2008x2304 and then it stopped doing the bigger images.

One thing I am noticing is, I have the default persp camera plus two turn table cameras I have been experimenting with, when I go to the render setting they are all showing up as renderable cameras and they are all being rendered, I can’t see a way I can say, only render turn table 2 or which ever one I won’t, is there a way/

I am not sure what you mean by optimize your scene, as I have been modelling I have been deleting history on objects, is that what you mean, I know from bitter experience leaving history to build up on lots of objects can cause big problems,. How would I know how many polys are in the scene?

My render setting are pretty much default, apart from the image sizes, I would like to render out at 2008X2304, and as I say this seems to be working with the batch render. Its mainly choosing that one render camera I need to sort out now.

Thanks again for your help.

Trikeman

# 4 24-12-2009 , 02:30 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
see image for polycountdetails

When you render an image your RAM is used as a cache(or so I have been told could be wrong) if the cache is full (for to long) when rendering de render aborts

Attached Thumbnails