Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 14-05-2005 , 07:42 AM
nice see lion man, have you made any updates on him?

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 17 14-05-2005 , 12:35 PM
Hey thanks! Your prehistoric mutant fish is impressive - very elegant, clean wire for it. I've been banging my head against several walls with the sea lion, mostly on his environment:

- Learning about light fogs to get simulated caustics. It works a little but I need to do some serious tweaking to the shader applied to my light because it looks like crap.

- For some reason the bump map I've painted on him won't render in Mental Ray.

- Learning how to manipulate paintfx to get swaying giant kelp. I think I've got that one nailed down at a distance, although it looks very unconvincing up close. I need to start playing with the shader for it I think.

# 18 15-05-2005 , 01:37 PM
Subscriber
Ah I'm sure you'll work it out user added image Keep slogging at it, you'll nail it sooner or later.

# 19 19-05-2005 , 04:56 PM

Environment WIP

WIP of the environment...

Animated paintFX, environment fog, tweaked ocean shader, spotlight with animated light fog... Renders kind of slow...

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 19-05-2005 , 06:05 PM