Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 12-08-2003 , 11:22 PM
Yea, I read it.....Good luck with it.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 17 15-08-2003 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

I don't know what there was written in those threads since they have been deleted...

but I don't know if it was as stupid as the link from this thread on 3dBuzz... "LOL!! A new level of ignorance"... -->
https://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...threadid=39153

were there is this link to the official Alias Wavefront forum... -->
https://forums.aliaswavefront.com/web....32@.ef422f6/1
were someone asks about downloading Maya from filesharings programs...

it is also quite strange that the question still is there (dated 6. march) user added image

to kevin I have a link here for the frontpage... "Vote for SimplyMaya here..." :bgreen: -->
https://www.uknetawards.co.uk/page.asp?cat=BROD
(also found this link on 3dbuzz, but thought it would be cool to have Simplymaya also participating... user added image

regards

Strarup

always wondered why the beer sometimes disapear... user added image

Attached Images

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 18 16-08-2003 , 02:08 AM

Please read here if you are an idiot!

Dude like 300 people read this thread that makes us 300 hundred idiot's LOL

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
# 19 16-08-2003 , 02:30 AM
Vampus
Nah, just reverse psychology. Tell the kid not to eat the cookie and he will.user added image

# 20 16-08-2003 , 10:47 AM

Originally posted by Vampus
Nah, just reverse psychology. Tell the kid not to eat the cookie and he will.user added image

Whoa!user added image Really?user added image

# 21 17-08-2003 , 01:38 AM
Yes, good ole reverse psychology......Hey kev...Please dont give me any free points...and whatever you do.....dont let me have a lifetime membership user added imageuser added imageuser added image

# 22 17-08-2003 , 03:50 AM
What are you talking about man? Warezers are the greatest ever!user added image
I even warezed my computer! downloaded my hardware Illegally off the internet.:p

sereously, how could that guy be so stupid as to post a question like that on an a|w forum! lol

Last edited by carrot juice; 17-08-2003 at 03:54 AM.
# 23 17-08-2003 , 04:18 AM
Subscriber
I wouldn't want to download pirate software even if it was put right in front of me because I think I have a subconcious satisfaction knowing I paid for my software.

# 24 17-08-2003 , 11:33 AM
True, and you also want to use it more, as you spent hard earned money on it.

# 25 17-08-2003 , 12:16 PM
Vampus
*tries some reverse psychology* Kevin, you are a really nice fellow! *GAH!!, I just can't do it!!!*:p:p:p

# 26 17-08-2003 , 03:49 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by drknow
True, and you also want to use it more, as you spent hard earned money on it.

Exactly.

Also, since we're on the subject of pirated software, I have a question. Over the past few months, I have come across a few people who claim they have the pirated version and proudly tell me about it because they like to shove they fact that they paid 0 dollars when I paid full price for Maya. A while back I heard that Maya tries to hook up to the internet when you batch render in order to check if your license is valid or not. This I suppose is a safeguard type thing Alias is using to protect themselves against pirates.

My version has never done this however. Maybe only 5.0 does this or maybe it somehow knows that I don't have an internet connection on that computer anyway, so it doesn't even bother trying.

Anyway, my main question is can I do anything about these pirates? I think it really stinks that they are always getting away with this type of stuff and am getting sick and tired of them talking about how I should have just downloaded it from kazaa and whatnot.

I mean, if I were to contact Alias, they would have to contact the ISP, and the ISP would have to have some kind of proof. I don't know. Maybe the ISP could get the names off the account, give them to Alias, then Alias could check and see if they are using a registered version or not, then do something about it.

I'm not exactly sure if a big companey wants to go through all the hoops just to bust a 14 year old kid though. Any advice on how to manage this problem?

*EDIT*

Oh! Almost forgot! This is a big question. This kid told me last night that it was actually LEGAL to have a pirated version of any software just so long as you don't share it and use it for NON-commercial use only. I was like WHAT?!?!?!?!

This CAN'T be true can it?!

Last edited by Darkware; 17-08-2003 at 03:54 PM.
# 27 17-08-2003 , 03:58 PM
No, Im positive it is illegal.

# 28 17-08-2003 , 04:30 PM
it is illegal...

but i dont think that alias should target the small people who get kazaa of the net...cuz im guessing there are a lot of those, and its probably not going to help that much....

what they need to do is target the people who make it available for warezing and the people who distribute it......

- TwEeK
# 29 17-08-2003 , 06:07 PM
I agree with tweek. they need to target the people who are doing the real damage- distributing to professionals who would otherwise buy maya. actually, 14-year-olds downloading maya off kazaa could be a benifit to alias- they would never actually buy it, and if they become hooked, they might just be a customer later in life user added image
i think this is why they put out PLE as well.

# 30 17-08-2003 , 11:27 PM
Yes, but it is still no excuse to get it.