Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 10-02-2004 , 01:26 AM

Weird rotation on hip joint

I'm working with a model of a model of a man that has been smooth bound to a skeleton. When I try to rotate the right hip joint, it moves in the direction opposite of what I want. That is, if grab the rotation handle and move it inward so that the foot twists inward, it twists outward instead. Anyone know how to fix this?

# 2 10-02-2004 , 03:08 AM
The Maya Mountain
You'll probably not going to like this, but you'll need to Freeze transformations on your bones, which will more than likely require re-binding and re-orienting.

# 3 10-02-2004 , 02:59 PM
I just dealt with that this weekend, and I had to rebind and orient ;(

Lungs not guns....
# 4 10-02-2004 , 04:04 PM
Bummer. Thanks fellas.

# 5 10-02-2004 , 11:46 PM
hey gunkata, i've had this problem before on my finger and arm joints, but it might be different for the actual hip/root. I'm not too sure if it'll work for the hip, but i just went into sub-object mode and rotated the pivot points correctly. Give it a try.